Our psychologists are able to provide reports for CTP Claims and Work cover reports following a request from your solicitor. Your solicitor will write to us and request what is required. We understand that it’s difficult enough going through the physical and/or psychological pain, let alone trying to deal with anything else. As such, we will always try to provide the reports and support you need as sufficiently as possible. We can also provide reports for your court case for immigration matters, criminal cases such as offences, aiding & abetting, assault and driving charges.

We also provide Psychological evaluations such as PAI and MMPI that may be included in your reports. For more detailed information, you can scroll down the page and find the question “Are you able to conduct a personality assessment?”

Yes, Growth Psychology Consulting provides rebates to eligible clients. It is recommended that you contact your health provider to ask about whether you are covered for psychological services. If you are eligible, bring in your private health fund card and we will be able to process your claim on the spot through Hi Caps, for a claim rebate straight to your account directly from your private health fund. Growth Psychology Consulting also provides Medicare rebates to eligible patients under the Government’s Better Access to Mental Health Care initiative. See “Can I see a psychologist and use my Medicare card?”

Growth Psychology Consulting provides Medicare rebates to eligible patients under the Government’s Better Access to Mental Health Care’ initiative. To be eligible for this rebate you will need to ask your GP to prepare a Mental Health Care Plan before your appointment. You can pay for your session by cash, credit card or EFTPOS. We will process your claim rebate for you and if you have registered your account details with Medicare, you will receive your Medicare rebate into your bank account within 24 to 48 hours. There will be no need to line up at Medicare office to make your claim.

As an employer, it is important to remember that your employees might not feel completely comfortable sharing their personal issues with you, or they may feel that they cannot bother you with anything that is not work related. For this reason, you should try looking out for signs in your employees that could suggest they are facing problems that need to be addressed such as depression.

Some of the signs of depression may include:

  • Finding it difficult to concentrate on tasks;
  • Feeling fatigued;
  • Finding it difficult to meet deadlines;
  • Being frustrated easily with tasks or people;
  • Turning up to work late or taking more sick leave off than usual; and
  • Having negative thought patterns.

Individuals who show these signs most likely may need support and need to know that they are not “in trouble” or alone. Keep in mind that this is a sensitive issue so try approaching them with kind and supportive words. It is important to let them know that they have access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and can speak to a professional if they need to. If you are an employer and do are not registered with an EAP Program, Contact Growth Psychology Consulting and we can organise to provide counselling services for your employee.

Psychologists can assist people who are experiencing difficulty with their emotions, thoughts and behaviours. Psychologists achieve this in many different ways:

  • By helping you clarify what is going on in your life;
  • By helping you identify the underlying issues that may not be obvious at first;
  • By guiding you in building problem solving skills and tools for coping methods that can be transferrable to different situations and across time.

All Growth Psychology Consulting psychologists are professional, registered psychologists with degrees in psychology. At Growth Psychology Consulting with have psychologists experienced working with Children, Adolescents and Adults.

Our psychologists at Growth Psychology Consulting use a variety of psychological techniques that are tailored to each client’s need and goals. Some of the therapies used are:

  • Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) which is evidence based therapy, for effective in teaching people to challenge their thought patterns and change their reactions and perspective to certain situations in order to manage
  • Mindfulness techniques are also taught to help you manage your thoughts, feelings and work towards acceptance.
  • Interpersonal Therapy aims at bringing about change, with the aim of helping clients to improve the interpersonal relationships or change their expectations about them.

Adolescents can go through many changes from ages 12 to 18 years. These changes can include starting high school, personality development, problems with friends and family, body image issues, changed expectations from others occurring with maturity, and so on. These changes can sometimes be overwhelming, and can result in some adolescents experiencing psychological distress, such as depression and anxiety.

There is a lot of evidence that CBT is an effective treatment for young adults experiencing such issues. It aims to teach adolescents basic skills that can help them manage what they are going through. These skills can be helpful for managing perfectionism, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, negative thought patterns, intrusive thoughts, worrying thoughts amongst many others. At Growth Psychology Consulting, our psychologists offer worksheet programs that include tasks that the adolescents can take home and apply.

It is common to experience symptoms of Depression when you are experiencing Chronic Illness. The symptoms of physical illness can result in lifestyle changes, changes to work, social, financial difficulties and relationships. Some of the changes may include difficulty with domestic duties, mobility restrictions, difficulties with work tasks, restrictions with lifting, not wanting to socialise, loss of libido, concentration affected, low tolerance, feeling agitated, arguing with your partner, not enough money to pay bills. All these changes may lead to depression. Depression can be managed. Talk to someone. Start that conversation with your GP or psychologist

Sometimes, it is difficult to know what to say or how to offer your sincere support. While your employees would appreciate any kind of effort, it is important for you as an employer to provide them with information about their options. Offer support; ask your employee if there is anything that can help support their return to work. This may include advice about where they can get help. It’s also important to keep the details of the employee’s illness confidential from other staff members. What most employees wish for is that they are feeling supported, just let them know you are there for them. Let them know about (EAP) employee assistance counselling. It is also important to balance between providing your employee support and seeming to favor them from other employees.

It is normal to experience reactions such sleep disruptions when you have just lost your job. Some other common reactions experienced are appetite loss, fatigue, anxious, feeling fearful, mood swings, loss of libido, not wanting to socialise and muscle tension. Most of us spend most of our waking time in paid employment and when that is taken away due to retrenchment or retirement it can be very difficult to adjust. It is important to keep connected within the community. Try a hobby that you have never had time for before. Do some gardening, or you may want to join a social club. Talk to your friends and family members about how you feel. Or you may wish to start a conversation with your GP.

There are many things you can do to help with what you may be experiencing after a job loss. Ask for emotional support from your family and friends, speak to your local GP, maintain a balanced diet, remind yourself that it’s OK to feel uncertain about the future, exercise, and limit alcohol intake. Start writing a plan on the steps you need to take next. It is normal to experience emotional difficulties when there has been major changes to you life.

Smoking is an addiction. You may wish to speak to your GP about your options to help you quit smoking. It is important to cut out your triggers, try distraction techniques, make changes to your environment, try breathing exercises, drink plenty of water, delay, exercise and reward yourself with something enjoyable. You may also need to change what you associate smoking with. For example if you associate drinking coffee with smoking then you may want to try substituting coffee with tea for a short while.

To be diagnosed with any type of cancer will bring out many different emotions. It is normal to be worried, scared, anxious, to feel sadness, anger and uncertainty. Look for support from your family and friends. You may want to try using a thought diary to write down what you are thinking and feeling. Try regular exercise such as walking and take some time out by participating in enjoyable activities. It’s important to ty and stay positive through this difficult time. Start with talking to your GP or psychologist.

There are many social and emotional impacts that may be experienced by a person with a disability. Some of the emotions may include, loss off self-esteem and confidence, feeling anxious which may lead to not wanting to socialise, feeling isolated and depressed. Growth Psychology Consulting have experienced psychologists who teach social, behavioural and emotional techniques to help a young person with a disability manage various settings such as school, home or work.

At Growth Psychology Consulting we are able to conduct personality assessments such as PAI and MMPI. The Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) is an inventory of adult personality which assesses psychopathological syndromes and provides information relevant for clinical diagnosis and, treatment planning. The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) is a psychological test which assesses personality traits and psychopathology. It is intended to assess people who are suspected of having mental health or clinical issues.