Bismal Baktoo is a dedicated Psychologist highly skilled in managing a wide variety of presenting issues from young children to Adults.
Approachable and friendly, her calm, caring manner provides a safe atmosphere in which to comfortably explore your emotional needs. Bismal collaborates with you to identify what you need from therapy, this approach equips you with powerful insights into your strengths and weakness. Bismal aims to empower you so you can learn skills and strategies to manage you own emotional responses independently.
How She can Help
- Bismal is experienced in NDIS and can help your children learn and understand the world around them and implement behaviour management techniques. Bismal can assist in tantrums, defiant behaviour, anxiety issues, depression, ASD, OCD and ADD.
- Bismal is Workcover approved and can help you in managing your work related injury or incident.
- Bismal has experience conducting (EAP) employment assistance counselling , personal issues , managing issues which arise through the life span, workplace issues, bullying, anger, grief, stress, anxiety and low mood.
- Bismal can assist with reports needed for Court, NDIS reports and assessments.
- Bismal is well trained in managing relationships, couples counselling and family therapy in order to provide holistic care for your family.
- Bismal is trained in managing adolescent issues, stress and HSC pressures.
“When we are well we can help and build other but when we are not well, we don’t have much to give others…. so this time chose yourself, do what you need to help yourself first”
Bismal aim is to help you take charge of your life in a way that you have always wanted to. Bismal would like to help you achieve your best in a safe and collaborative environment. The idea is to help you build strategies which can help you manage your own health without needing assistance.
Bismal employs evidence based practice, included Cognitive behaviour therapy and Acceptance and commitment therapy based on your needs. Treatment focuses on your requirements and best practice research.
- Clinical psychology Registrar Program
- Masters of Clinical Psychology, Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychology (honours), University of Western Sydney
- Bachelor of Psychology, University of New Delhi
- Member, Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Registered psychologist, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registered provider, Medicare & WorkCover NSW