Maria Madona Alphonse
Maria Madona Alphonse has experience in delivering therapy to families, couples, young adults, geriatrics, adolescents and children from 4 years of age.
Having worked extensively in medical, academic, disability support, family therapy, children’s counseling and life coaching she has demonstrated expertise in engaging with clients presenting with depression, addictions, obsessive compulsive conditions, trauma, low self esteem, career concerns, relationship issues, various disabilities, work place issues, performance issues and learning problems.
Her major areas of expertise are:
- Marriage/family/couples/relationship therapy
- Academic counselling for children/Uni goers
- Career counselling
- Intellectual/Behavioral/Developmental disabilities counseling for children from 4 years and adults
- Learning Difficulties/ Disabilities management
- Anxiety/Stress/Depression management
- PTSD/stress reaction therapy
- Grief counseling
- Abuse/Domestic violence support NDIS
- Antenatal/Postnatal psychological support
- Addiction counselling
- Assertiveness and Resilience training
- Parental counselling
- Academic Resilience
- Psychometric assessments
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling
- Motivational and self esteem training
She is also an expert trainer and psycho educator in areas of self esteem, assertiveness, decision making and problem solving skills, teenage issues, team building activities for children, women’s health, academic resilience for adolescents and career growth for adults. She also provides group therapy for her clients.
She implements therapeutic modalities like:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Various family therapies
- Narrative Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
Her published research works are in the fields of addiction and academic Resilience.
She is multi-linguistic with languages such as Kannada, Tamil and Malayalam apart from English.
- Master of Science in Counselling
- Psychology M.Phil in Psychology
She is registered with AHPRA and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.